Sunday, March 6, 2011

You know you are blessed when...

This weekend was supposed to be filled with girl time. Andrew went out of town to go skiing with the boys and I had the weekend all planned out! I was looking forward to some sweet time with my girlfriends. I definitely got sweet girl time, but it was nothing that I would have ever expected. The flu overcame me. Here is the story of my weekend. Deighton and I
You know you are blessed when...Ashley and Deighton agree to eat pizza at your house because you started feeling bad while shopping during the day.
We were supposed to look all pretty and go out to eat Friday night, without babies (which is a big deal). Instead, the girls offered to go home, order a pizza and have wine while I laid on the couch and had sweet conversation with them for hours. Those are best friends.

Jasmine and I
You know you are blessed when.... your childhood "sister" spent all day on her 30th Birthday Saturday, shopping with you at Canton, only to get home to a friend running 103 and could not move (me).
Jasmine then spent an hour on the couch with me while my other friends ran around getting me medicine. She talked to me to keep my mind off feeling horrible, and was the sister I always knew her to be.

Jill (my sister) and I
You know you are blessed when.... your sister shows up at your house with Jasmine, after they were supposed to be having a girls night out for Jasmine's birthday, to give Wyatt a bath, and put him to sleep. Then to get a hold of the doctor, find out her sister (me) has the flu and to sit at a pharmacy for over an hour late at night waiting on my perscription.
Sh is my best friend and best sisters a girl could have. I love her more than words.
Ashley and I
You know you are blessed when... you were supposed to be spending the entire weekend with your best friend, being free and having fun, to spend two nights doing whatever our little hearts desire, to only end up taking care of a two year old, driving to the store to get your friend medicine, driving to the dealership to pick up your friend's car, staying the night 3 nights in a row, and waking up with Wyatt at 6AM in the morning so that your friend can rest.
I love living day to day seeing this sweet friend! She truly is amazing.

Christy and I
You know you are blessed when... your sweet friend shows up Sunday morning to relieve Ashley from Wyatt duty. Then, to take him to the playground, feed him lunch, buy and bring me lunch, buy and bring me Gatorade, put Wyatt down for a nap, take Wyatt to eat dinner, give Wyatt a bath and put him to bed.
Seriously, this friend has the most giving heart. Couldn't make it some days without her.
I realized this weekend that I struggle with people "doing" things for me. Especially things that I consider to be my tasks. I kept apologizing to these girls for ruining their weekend. They were so gracious to love me soo much. Each one of them is an example of what God calls us to be for our friends; selfless. They exuded God's love to me this weekend, and who am I to say "don't give it to me." I love each one of them dearly and am incredible blessed to be filled and surrounded with people in my life who would drop their priorities to take care of me. Thank you girls for a blessed weekend, I know Andrew is thankful for you being here for me. I truly enjoyed the quality time with each one of you, even if I was looking awful, coughing, and laying in bed the whole time. God has taught me to thank him daily for the people in my life and know that I am not in any situation alone.










No comments: