Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Boot Camp.... YIKES


I actually cannot believe I did it, but I signed up for a boot camp! Ashley and I have been telling each other that we were going to "get in shape." We started running periodically and realized quickly that we needed much help! So, we bit the bullet and signed up for a month long Texas Boot Camp. You should check out the website, it is pretty hard-core and I am very nervous!
I used to be a very athletic person. I played soccer growing up, could run for miles and was able to participate in any sport with ease. I took pride in my body and it just came natural to me. Then I had a baby and lost track of how long it had been since I worked out, and let me just tell you I am pretty awfully out of shape.
So here I go. I start on March 21st along with my sister Jill and two of my best friends Christy and Ashely. We will be working out at 5:30AM every morning. CRAZY right? I am not a morning person, but will have to become one because with a two year old at home, this is the only time I can work out without missing sweet time with him (as a working mom!)
So if you see me after this starts and I am walking funny, don't make fun. If you see me standing all the time, just know it is because I will be unable to sit because I hurt so badly, so dont bother asking if I would like a chair. AND, if you see me standing at the bottom of a set of stairs like I might cry, just ignore me... I will eventually make it up to the top! :)
I am going to blog through the month and let you know how things are going. Does anyone want to give me some insight on boot camp? Anything I should know before going in? If you have done one, what did you think?
Here goes nothing!!!
Hoping all this illness is gone so I can work out 100% in just a little over a week!

No comments: