Monday, March 7, 2011

Dreaming

Right now I am laying in bed with sweats on and the blankets pulled up as far as they can go. The flu has zapped my body and I am basically incapable of doing anything but sleeping, blowing my nose and using my fingers to type. The rest of my body hurst too bad to function. But I am dreaming; dreaming about next week. Next week is Spring Break and that means the start of LAKE SEASON. Definiftly one of my favorite times of year.

I will say that I am angry that I have the flu, I hate being sick and feeling so dreadfully awful. This last month has been hard for our little family. Andrew came down with the flu during the snow week in Februrary, which then turned into a scary week of severe pnemounia. Talk about ill, my husband was miserable. I have never seen him hurt so badly. I did everything I could to sooth him for two weeks, but the only thing that worked for him was sleep.

Then, literally the day Andrew was feeling well enough to get out, Wyatt came down with a fever. Turns out he had Strep Throat and an ear infection. Now, two weeks later I have the flu. Our family does not get ill this easily, so to have it all come at once was not easy! So you can only imagine that I am dreaming of being on that boat in the picture above. We look so happy, free from illness, free from stress, free from snot, and so very tan!

So next week I pray that the sun is shining and our family is free from illness. I will not be completley happy until we are at the lake, relaxing, eating yummy food, sleeping in late, sitting on the patio, and spending lots of quality time with family!

1 comment:

christie and kyle said...

Feel better soon, Jodi! I know how miserable the flu is...let me know if I can do anything for you!