Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sleepless nights, bleeding hands and a funny little guy!

See this sweet little face in the middle? That is my little stinker! I sure do love him, but we have some days and nights that are very eventful!
Yesterday:
1. Woke up to a very sleepy little guy because he did not sleep AT ALL the night before. Andrew held him on the couch from about 2am to 5am.
2. Had a long day in the car going to East Texas for Thanksgiving. Again, not helping the fact that he is incredibly exhausted already.
3. Last night, Andrew went to the store... of course while he was gone, Wyatt grabbed a Christmas Ornament off the tree, smashed it in his hands and when I entered the room I saw a massive mess and bleeding little hands. I was really freaked out at first, but once I got them washed, I realized it was a bunch of little paper 'like' cuts. Those are actually the worse to have, so he was pretty upset for a little while. Needless to say, I hope he no longer messes with the tree!
4. ME: "Wyatt, it's time for bed!"
WYATT: "I watch movie!"
ME: "Okay, 5 more minutes."
WYATT: "No, 2 more minutes Mommy!"
ME: "okay." (with a giggle!)
He makes Andrew and I smile daily!
5. Another sleepless night and a low grade fever. :( I seriously have one of the sweetest little guys. He is always giving hugs and so nice to others, BUT when he does not feel well, he turns into a little monster. He just demolishes everything. He does not cry, or get upset, but the opposite. He goes crazy hyper! The doctors have always told us he has a high pain tolerance and it can be pretty scary since we never know when he is 'really' sick. So, as time has gone on these last 2 years, we have learned to watch the little signs that he does not feel well. Here they are; not sleeping, demolishing everything in site, and sometimes a fever. Looks like we are headed to the doctor this week and who wants to bet it's another ear infection?
Side story to #5: A month ago, we were noticing some of the signs that Wyatt did not feel well. We decided to take off work and keep him at home, determine how he was in the morning the next day and then take him to see Dr. Nale. Well that night everything went crazy. He did not sleep all night, instead, kept waking up vomiting. I thought he had a stomach virus. I mean I am not a doctor and he had no other signs, just throwing up everything. THEN, the next morning I was laying on the couch with him waiting for the doctor to open when I noticed something all over my shirt. It was coming from his ear! Yucky-gooey stuff on my shirt. I began to freak out! I knew in that moment that his ear drum had busted. We headed to the doctor as soon as they opened and the doctor confirmed the problem. He was vomiting the night before because his ear hurt so bad. I know this makes me sound like a bad mom, but when you have a child that never cries about being hurt and is not running a fever, how was I supposed to know?! I felt AWFUL! So like I wrote above, we have to watch for the smallest signs because our little man is powerful in the no pain department!
I would not change being a mom of this little 2 year old for anything though!

No comments: