Saturday, January 9, 2010

SHALOM

Last night we headed to S&S Tattoo Parlor to get my memorial tattoo in honor of my mom. Here is Andrew and I when we first arrived!
My sweet friend Christy and I!

My stomach was churning and I was sweating bullets at this point. I was so nervous about it hurting. It does hurt, but in a weird way. If I can have a baby without pain meds, I can get a tattoo, right?! Right! :)


Before....



Here goes nothing..... this is the stencil.




Working hard. It took Josh (the tattoo guy) about 20 minutes total. It went by really fast.

The finished product!!! I love it. If you read the post below you will understand the meaning behind it. Josh did a wonderful job. The worst part was when he colored in the design and the closer he got to my pinkie toe, the worse the pain was. But in the end it was worth it!

Josh and I! He is covered in cool tattoos!

Then, Christy, Andrew and I headed to the Blue Goose to meet some of our sweet friends for dinner! It was neat to have them a part of my special night. Above is me and Kathryn!

The Group, The Aylor's, Cobb, Christy, Me and Andrew, and Frush!

My sweet friends. I love them! They are always there to be silly with me and pray for me in a time of need. They are true friends in the Lord. It was special to share this time with them. If you notice above, every time we are together we manage to dress a like. Last night was the color purple, and tall boots! :)
I love my new tattoo. It is a new addition, like a permanent accessory.
I love you Mom!











3 comments:

The Links said...

Very cool tatoo Jodi. I hate it when people get Chinese symbols or Greek word tatoos just because they look cool. I love that it has a very special meaning to you. That makes it such a neat and special tatoo.

You had a baby without pain meds.....you go girl!!

And, I'm so glad you enjoy my meal planning monday posts. I'm thinking about adding a Mr. Linky, where people can link up and get ideas. Would you be interested in linking up if I did that??

Unknown said...

So happy for you Jodi! It looks like yall had a great time, Love the tattoo!! So great to have such an incredible piece of everlasting joy with you all the time! Love you

Jodi said...

Kendel... I miss you! We need to catch up! :)


Katy - Thanks, I was very nervous about it as well and only wanted to get something that had true meaning behind it. It took me a long time to decide what to get!

Sure I would love that! I also want to look for some fun baking and cooking classes soon. Would you be interested?! :)