Saturday, January 2, 2010

Goodbye 2009... Hello 2010

WOW... I have not blogged in a long time. I am excited for the new year. 2009 was a full year, very busy! Andrew and I have taken on several responsibilities this year and know the Lord is leading us in wonderful new ways.

Here are a few of my resolutions for 2010:

Get Healthy and In Shape (everyone says this.... I am determined)

SLOW DOWN

Spend more quality time with friends and family.

Keep in touch with people.

Learn to say NO!!!!

Have Weekly outings or assigned FAMILY time with Wyatt and Andrew!!!

GROW more in the Lord.

Take Cake Decorating Classes.

Take Cooking Classes... i love to cook

Scrapbook Wyatt's WHOLE first year.

Invest more in the lives of my youth girls.




2009 was not only a hard year, but wonderful things happened as well. I learned a lot about myself this last year and some were not so wonderful:

I learned that I cannot do everything and sometimes I need to stop and take time to sit and be with the Lord.

I learned to relax and do a little something for myself sometimes. Without this I lost myself in doing things for others.

I have fallen in LOVE with motherhood!!!! Wyatt is amazing and this first year of his life has been what has brought me so much joy. We are truly blessed by him daily and thank the Lord for such a wonderful son regularly.

I have learned to be more assertive and not let everything "go." This was huge for me and I think it was one of the areas in my life where the Lord was teaching me most.

I have made LONG LASTING relationships with several ladies and would not trade their friendship for the world.

I learned that I am not even close to being healed from loosing my mother.

I have fallen in love with my husband more and more everyday. He has held me through this tough year.

I have fallen in love with my relationship with my mother in law drastically this year. She has stood next to me this first year of motherhood and she is like a best friend and mother to me.

My heart for missions has grown EXPONENTIALLY.

My love for students has grown.

I have learned that I am NOT supposed to teach in a "classroom" forever. Students, teaching are in the picture somewhere though.... if that makes sense, just not sure the plans.

I have become obsessed with Sweet Tea.

I learned that some relationships must be withdrawn from your life to be healthy in the Lord.

I learned I cannot fix everything or everybody.... the Lord is the only one winning that game.

I learned to show my love to people.... outright, blatantly.... :)


Those are just a few things. You will hear more. I PROMISE to keep up. Pictures of Wyatt are to come. He is soo big!



4 comments:

The Links said...

Glad your back to blogging!! GREAT list of New Years Resolutions.

The Lipman's said...

Hey girlie! I found your blog through Katy's! Looks like you are doing fabulously well! Your little boy is ADORABLE!!

Andrew and Caroline's Mommy said...

Hey! How did you do you header, buttons, and signature? I want to make mine fabulous like yours!

Jodi said...

one of Jill's friend's does it. Her name is Ashley. If you click on her blog, Great Grabbie Design on the side of my page you can get her to do you one too! :)