Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bittersweet!


The letters above spell "SHALOM" or peace in English. It goes beyond the meaning of peace between two countries or to make peace as Americans see the word. This is a peace from God.
Friday is 4 years since my mom went to be with Jesus. January 8th is always a bittersweet day for me. I have always thought of this day as something to be joyful in, rather than be filled with sorrow. So tomorrow I am going to get the Hebrew letters - Shalom tattooed on my foot in honor of my mom. I was always nervous about getting a tattoo and I still am. But I have grown so much through this process and to me it seems like another step towards healing. So Me, Andrew, and one of my sweet friends Christy (who has also walked with me through losing a parent since she lost her dad a year ago) are going to the parlor and then my sweet church friends are going to meet up for dinner to celebrate.
I choose the day she passed, not only because it was the day she got to meet Jesus, but it was also the day that I learned who I was in Christ. I truly have become full of Him since my mother's passing and have learned that He is the reason I live. The Lord has healed me, and just like the word Shalom, has made me complete in Him.
"Shar Shalom (prince of peace) is one of the names the bible uses to describe the messiah; Jesus Christ."
Isaiah 9:6 The Son of God is completely perfect in all things.
And because he completely perfect, he has made me complete and has promised to fulfill me all of my days.
So tomorrow say a little prayer for me and rejoice in knowing that my mom is sitting next to Jesus, and he is waiting for all of us to come running to him in open arms every day!
Pictures will follow!

1 comment:

Cummings Fam said...

I love you so much, and cannot wait to see it. You are an amazing sister, and have a heart just like mommy did. Andrew is lucky to have such and amazing wife, and Wyatt is lukcy to have such and amazing mommy! Mommy would be so proud of you Jodi Phyllis or JP as she would call you! I LOVE YOU!