Saturday, August 2, 2008

You know you are from Texas when...

This weekend was so much fun! Andrew and I went to the lake to spend time with my family! It is always fun when we all get together! But last night as I lay in bed at the lake house I realized that our family had a little redneck in us! Today all the boys; Andrew, Chad, Jere and my Dad woke up and went to get their handgun license. Crazy huh? I mean in what other state do you even have the desire to go shoot a gun... and have fun doing it! It was definitely a boy day!

On the other hand, what the girls did today was not any less Texan... or redneck! ;) We woke up early this morning and went to Canton! We absolutely love going to Canton. Shopping through other people's old junk and buying doo-dads and gadgets we do not really need! I think we all three, that is me and my sisters, always spend too much money when we go.

The redneck part came into play today because I am not sure anywhere else in our nation would two pregnant ladies have a desire to go shopping outside in 105 degree weather and still enjoy it! All of us were pretty sweaty, but the nasty sweat was worth it. I got Baby Wyatt a camo one-sie. In blue across the chest it says, "My Daddy ROCKS!" Andrew was pretty pumped about. We both can not wait to hold him and dress him up in all these sweet clothes I can not keep from buying!

I was able to find a sweet little lady named Laura Parrish to make my baby bedding for me. She is located in one of the ARBORS and she creates beautiful custom baby bedding. She will even create your whole room for you if you like. She has a large selection of fabric. Take a look at her website... www.rockinghorsebedding.com I will post pictures when the room is complete.

Jill also found some really cute signs for Ellie Jane's room. It was so fun being able to shop for our babies together. The Lord has blessed us with being pregnant together and we are loving every minute of it! Wyatt and Ellie are going to be the best of friends!

My sweet nephew Landon went with us too. He was such a big boy and loved every minute of being outside, even though he was sweating bullets all day!

All in all it was a great weekend with family. A BIG country weekend! I guess I can not complain, I sure do love being a Texan, even if it makes me a little redneck! ;)

1 comment:

The Espensens said...

LOVE the bedding!! It's SO cute and will go perfectly in my room. :)