Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School

Today was a great day! Everything went as I wanted it to. I was not nervous at all driving to school which is totally opposite of my feelings last year. It is amazing what a year of teaching can do for your nerves, organization, and comfort in the classroom. Teaching is ALL about experience! Really... nothing else will teach you more!

I have to say that I LOVE the people I work with. Last year I loved them... don't get me wrong. But already this year I feel so close to everyone. We all support each other and are so relaxed! The new teachers fit in great and I am excited they are apart of us! Yeah for Ashley and Emily!!! All I can say is that it is one of the best things in the world to have close friends right next door and downstairs. People that you not only can talk to about school, but joke around and vent about life. I am definitely a lucky gal! Love the LAD!

My schedule is the only part of the year that is going to take some getting used to. Our conference period is 2nd... so we go ALL day without a break! It is not an easy thing, and here are some of the down sides:

1. 6th period was the BEST time to eat POPCORN!!!!!! 2nd is just not as fun!
2. Meeting with the LAD in the afternoon was great, I had SO much to tell them by the end of the day! 2nd... not much has happened!
3. I will probably eat 2 lunches.... One during 2nd and then lunch! Not good for big fatty here! ;)
4. Kids 5 periods in a row without a break!
5. MY FEET ARE HUGE at the end of the day! ;

I will get used to everything! It will be a great year! I will post pictures of my classroom this week! Ash... I think you should post pictures of your Daisy room too.... it is soo cute!

1 comment:

A J said...

I will post pics!!! I'm so proud! I don't like 2nd period planning period either! I'm so glad we're neighbors again!