Thursday, January 22, 2009

Update!

Okay so this will be a long post! Just bare with me!! ;) I have much to tell. Wyatt was officially two months old this past Sunday! I can not believe how fast time has flown by. During the last two months we have done so many fun things and Wyatt has experienced many "firsts" in this life! He has also learned to do so many new things. The picture above shows that our little guy can smile! He started responding to us with smiles about 5- 6 weeks old. It is so fun to talk and play with him. Now he is laughing, coo-ing and talking up a storm all the time. Our little guy is going to be a talker... he is VERBAL, even in his sleep!

We also went to the ZOO! My two sisters and I took our kids to the Dallas ZOO one Friday. The weather was BEAUTIFUL... in December!(That is TEXAS for you!) Wyatt loves to be outside. I could go on a walk for hours and he would be content. I think that is the boy in him. He is always a happy baby... but so incredibly content when we are in the sun! This makes me so happy since Andrew and I are outdoors people. I also loved the time I spent with my sisters and my nephew and niece. It is going to be so much fun for Wyatt to grow up with cousin who are close to his age.
Another first was Wyatt's first time to go to church, Sunday, January 4th! Of course he already loves Jesus, so this was a no brainer for him.. hehe! The picture above is of his cute church clothes. Can you tell he is used to me taking pictures all the time? I think he will get used to being at church. Andrew and I work with the youth so he is plenty spoiled as soon as we walk in the doors!



This is not a first, but one of Wyatt's favorite things is to take a bath. I heard all these horror stories of babies hating to take a bath, well this is not the case for my little guy. He would lie in the little bath tub he has for hours if I would let him. He absolutely loves it. He definitely gets this from his daddy because he takes more showers/baths than any human being I know. We are a clean family and it makes us happy! I guess I better treasure this before he reaches the walking stage and starts playing in the dirt! If Wyatt is in a bad mood, I just stick him in the bath and he turns his frown upside down, then I have to prepare myself for a happy baby who wants to talk for hours after. It does not bother me either, especially since I get to put him in these cute robes when he is finished! ;)

Cal is now in love with Wyatt. At first when our new addition arrived, Cal was not really impressed. It did not smell him or lick him. He did not even really care to know he was around. But now that he is a little bigger and Cal has realized that Wyatt is not going back... he loves him. If Wyatt is crying, Cal is right there to make sure he is okay. If Wyatt is in a bed and Cal did not see me put him there, he searches the house to see where he is. When we come home from being gone, Cal not only wants to greet us... but must give Wyatt a MASSIVE lick in the face before he is settled down. I was worried about Cal for a while since he was my baby for the longest.... but they are now best buds. I can not wait until Wyatt is big enough to ride him! ha ;)
The picture above is just so cute! It shows how chubby he has gotten! He is 8 weeks old, eating 5 ounces, wearing 3 month old clothes(because 0-3 months are to short and tight), and in diaper size 2! After talking to my sister Jill, whose baby is 2 months older than him... Wyatt is growing like crazy! He is just a big boy... but I sure do love it! Today he is getting his first set of major shots and I am interested to hear his height and weight! I will let everyone know!


These last two pictures just make me smile. "Tummy Time" is for babies to gain strength and practice using their neck and stomach muscles on their own. Well my son... he thinks it is time to nap. Just lay him on his tummy for some play/workout time and within about 3 minutes he is asleep! It makes me laugh every time! He has about as much motivation to work out as me! He is very strong and kicks tons... I am just going to have to figure out how to keep him awake off his tummy! He is just not used to laying that way and I guess he really likes it!
The last change is that I have had to go back to work. This week has been really hard. At the end of the day I just want to hold him and never put him down. I cherish that time I had home with him and look forward to hopefully being able to stay home in the future. He is such a sweet little guy and growing so fast every day! Hope you enjoyed the update! Next time I will not wait so long!

No comments: