Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Race for the Cure... Get Your PINK On!

Wyatt enjoying his first taste of this frozen treat. He LOVED it!!!
Right after the 5k at the Plains Capital Bank Booth. ( Andrew's work)

He is such a little stinker!


Worn out....
Our family woke up last Saturday morning and went to Race for the Cure. It was really fun. Wyatt rode in the jogging stroller and talked, laughed and smiled the whole way. He loves to be outside. Andrew's parents joined us for the race, and one of my best friends Kelan came along as well. It was such a pretty morning, there was even a nice breeze which made it so much better. It felt good to be out there walking with tons of survivors. I had the desire several times to hug some of the women I saw walking, knowing they are still battling cancer or have just beat it. My mom passed of breast cancer 3 years ago this last January. It is crazy that it has been 3 years already. But it seems like I just saw her the other day. I love supporting such a great cause, and walking with other women as they struggle through such a hard time in their lives. Our family will always support breast cancer research, I know my mom would want us out there fighting to save lives. We walked in honor of my mom and her life, but we also walked in hopes to save many lives.
I want Wyatt to know my mom and honestly some of the best times I remember with my mom were the talks we had while she was sick. Stripped of health, weight and hair, and bearing all of herself to me. Breast Cancer was apart of the last 7 years of her life and one day I want Wyatt to know how she handled this battle with so much Grace. She would have loved our little man with all her heart, and Wyatt would have loved his Grandma. She loved the Lord with all her soul and if Wyatt takes anything away from her life, I hope it is that he loves our Jesus as much as she did.
Go Race for the Cure!!! ;)




No comments: