Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Chi Alpha '09 - REVOLUTION

Chi Alpha was this last weekend! This year I was behind the scenes, running errands and helping out the staff any way I could. I love to serve in this way and it was great for me to "relax" from teaching and just serve the Lord in a different way. I have been very emotional and struggling myself with certain issues and did not feel I could give the girls 100% of myself to them. SO this is where the Lord lead me to help. I enjoyed it tremendously. Christy was a "groupie" with me this weekend and we got to spend time together helping out and hanging out. I so needed this time with one of my sweet girlfriends. The Lord has put us in each others lives for a reason these least few months. It is so neat to see how our lives are all written and intertwined with one another. How could you not love a God who meets ALL your needs, especially with friends!
Me, Kendel and Christy

Me, Christy, Ashlea, & Kendel
Some of the greatest, godly friends I have!



Me and Christy, One of my new favorite people in the whole world!

Christy and I at Corner Stone Baptist Church! We took pictures of the students performing soo many service projects. They did an amazing job. We cleaned out Clothes Closets for the homeless, painted playgrounds, cleaned soup kitchens and cleaned the area around apartments in South Dallas. It was neat to see how humble our students were when working in this area of town. They were so willing to do anything asked of them and I know they learned from it. Each of them were able to give a little bit of Jesus to a community that needed their help.

Me and Ashlea
Love, Love, Love her!

Andrew got to work with the 11th grade boys! This is where we teach throughout the year. He loves these boys. I think he goes back to being in 11th grade when he hangs out with them. I love watching my husband mentor and form relationships with these boys. The Lord has given him such a heart for high school boys and it is great to see him working with them. He was exhausted at the end of the weekend. Spending the night with 12 boys all weekend does not get you much sleep! But he enjoyed every minute of it!
We adore our Youth Group at the Heights!
FYI: Wyatt stayed with this Grandmommy and Granddaddy! We were so ready to hold him at the end of the weekend!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree Jodi, this weekend was great, I am so blessed to have you as a best friend. you inspire me in so many ways! i love you.